The Avoca Group is a life sciences consulting firm dedicated to improving quality and compliance in the clinical trial execution process. Integrating deep subject matter expertise with industry-leading approaches and technology, we tailor solutions that help companies build industry-leading quality management, inspection readiness, and effective oversight systems into existing processes.
The Avoca Group is seeking to expand our Client Development team. This Sales role (ranging from Manager to Director level, based on candidate's experience) will be responsible for targeting and recruiting clients for Avoca’s consulting services and platforms in addition to the Avoca Quality Consortium. This position will provide leadership in nurturing client leads and promoting healthy client relationships through a consultative selling approach. The ideal candidate will proactively seek to understand client needs and effectively communicate the value of Avoca’s various services to diverse client segments and decision makers in the Life Sciences industry. S/he will need to possess an entrepreneurial nature, innate resourcefulness, and strong sales and relationship management skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize strong understanding of customer needs and requirements to recommend optimal service offerings
- Conduct prospect outreach through email campaigns, social media, and other tools provided by Avoca, and hold meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Identify and implement creative ways to attract new clients and promote pull-through business from current clients
- Prepare proposals for prospective clients
- Participate in industry conferences to promote brand recognition and prospect gathering
- Effectively collaborate with Member Engagement, Marketing, Client Delivery, and all Avoca colleagues to realize company goals and member recruitment targets, and complete other tasks as assigned
- A minimum of a BA/BS
- 3–5 years’ experience in a business development role consulting with clients on B2B service offerings
- A good understanding of the clinical trials industry and key players, including the role of outsourcing in the bio-pharmaceutical sector
- Strong sales skills including: lead development, proposal development, conducting product demos, opportunity tracking and reporting, and sales forecasting
- Experience and ease of use with presenting and reporting using Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with CRM software
- Proven ability to engage clients, effectively manage accounts, and network across company types, sizes and roles; fluent in the use of social media for networking and outreach
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work independently and collaborate remotely with a team in a virtual environment
- Have a strong presence and outstanding communication skills across formal and informal situations, with skills in persuasive writing and verbal negotiation
- Demonstrate teamwork, establishing effective working relationships and building trust with customers and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Think creatively, drive results, and adapt to project needs; be quick-footed and flexible in handling ambiguity and change
This position is full time and remote, and may require occasional travel to Avoca’s home office in Princeton, New Jersey. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a flexible virtual work environment. Please visit http://theavocagroup.com/careers/ to learn more.