Executive Director, Business Development
The Diligent Qualification Platform is a cloud-based technology and suite of services that enable Sponsors and CROs to rapidly identify, evaluate, and select clinical service providers.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a leadership role in Business Development. The Executive Director will drive the sales process and build relationships with prospective clients through a consultative selling approach. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial environment and must be able to roll up their sleeves to fulfill sales needs while contributing to larger business processes and strategy. Candidates should have a good understanding of the clinical trial process, including the role of vendor qualification in the bio-pharmaceutical sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with clients to understand their business needs and objectives; effectively communicate Diligent’s value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on major contracts to achieve sales targets
- Execute and enhance sales playbook and processes; contribute to Diligent’s business development strategy
- Manage activities throughout the sales cycle: prospect leads, maintain sales pipeline, lead client calls, manage RFP and proposal process
- Help build and lead a high-performing sales team
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to communicate with, present to and influence all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- A good understanding of the clinical trial process, including the role of vendor qualification in the bio-pharmaceutical sector
- Demonstrable experience as a sales leader, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions. (7+ years in sales, preferably in B2B technology solutions or the Life Sciences.)
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
This position is full time and remote. Our home offices are in Princeton, New Jersey. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a flexible virtual work environment.
Diligent is an affiliate of The Avoca Group.